How to change Home page settings?
There are 2 ways for setting up and manage home page.
- By default when new WordPress installed under the Dashboard => Settings => Reading Your homepage displays Your Latest Posts. That means that all your posts will be visible on your home page by default. In this case for managing home page you need to go to Dashboard => Appearance => Customize => Home
- Other option is manually create a page and set it as a home page. from Dashboard => Settings => Reading => Your Homepage Displays = A Static Page, Homepage = Home Page. For managing home page in this case you need to edit your home page and change settings under the Boombox Page Advanced Fields.
Here we will show you what are the settings in case if you have option 1. In Boombox V2 it’s extremely easy to control and setup your homepage.
Got to WordPress Customizer => Home and you will see 3 sections where can control Home page.
Here you can manage which Layout to choose for Homepage, Sidebar Position, Sidebar Orientation, Posts Listing Type. You can Show or Hide most of the elements, control Posts Loop and Ads injection in Posts Listing.
Sidebar Type: There are 5 layouts for Sidebar options
Sidebar Orientation: Can be Right or Left. In case if 2 sidebars in Sidebar Type selected then changing from right to left you will change sidebars vice-versa
Posts Listing Type: Currently Boombox have 10 listing types
Hiding Elements: Just mark checkbox and you will be bale to hide any element from listing on the page
Posts Loop: You can control following Post Listing Settings for home page:
- Default Order: Most Voted / Most Viewed / Most Discussed / Recent / Featured / Random / Most Shared
- Pagination Type: Load More / Infinite Scroll / Infinite Scroll (First load via click) / Numbering / Next/Prev Buttons
- Posts Per Page: Number value
Ad can be Injected Into Posts List or this feature can be disabled by selecting from dropdown None. Admin can Inject Ad After Post by adding Number Value. For more information about Ads please see Ads section in this documentation
Newsletter can be Injected Into Posts List or this feature can be disabled by selecting from dropdown None. Admin can Inject Newsletter After Post by adding Number Value.
Please note that Ads and Newsletter will be injected per page. If you have selected pagination type as Infinite Sroll then it will be considered as one page and Ad and Newsletter will appear once.
Products can be Injected Into Posts List or this feature can be disabled by selecting from dropdown None. Admin can select number of products by adding value in Inject # Product(s) field and Inject Products After Every # Post by adding Number Value.
Please note that Boombox always takes recent products and showing latest products in descending order (latest posts will be on top).
Here you can control Layout and Posts Loop for Featured Area on Homepage
Area Type: Featured Area can be disabled and Admin can select from 12 available layouts. There is also an option to Disable Gap Between Thumbnails
It’s extremely easy to Show or Hide Elements on Featured Area for homepage.
In this section admin can control:
Order Criteria: Most Voted / Most Viewed / Most Discussed / Recent / Featured / Random / Most Shared
Time Range: Last 24 hours / Last 7 Days / Last 30 Days / All Time
Category Filter: Type in categories which posts you want to be shown in Featured area
Tags Filter: Type in tags which posts you want to be shown in Featured area
You can Exclude Featured Entries From Main Posts Loop by marking checkbox at the bottom.